- Flying Whales, a French leader in rigid airship technology, reveals intentions to establish a manufacturing hub in the UAE, predicting the creation of around 1,000 job opportunities in collaboration with partners.
- The colossal LCA60T airship, operated by Flying Whales Services, boasts a 96-meter-long cargo bay, 200-meter length, and 50-meter diameter, enabling unparalleled heavy-load transport capabilities during hovering flights.
- Certified by the EASA and FAA, this all-electric airship functions akin to helicopters, facilitating the transport of substantial loads, including mobile hospitals, to remote and challenging terrains.
- Flying Whales eyes an Abu Dhabi assembly line by 2027, initially creating 300 jobs and potentially expanding to 1,000 by drawing other consortium companies for parts production.
- Designed to resemble a whale, this groundbreaking airship symbolizes adaptability and innovation, capable of carrying diverse heavy loads like wind blades and high-voltage towers.
- The company’s ambitious plan includes establishing four global assembly lines and serving 30 markets from the UAE, marking a transformative leap in sustainable, efficient air transport innovation.
About Flying Whales headquarters
Flying Whales, a renowned French firm head office is located in the Paris region, in Suresnes.specialized in rigid airship technology for heavy-load transport, has unveiled plans to establish a manufacturing facility in the UAE. This significant move is expected to generate about 1,000 employment opportunities in collaboration with its partners.
This colossal airship, the LCA60T, set to be operated by Flying Whales Services, is a remarkable engineering marvel. Its massive 96-meter-long cargo bay and impressive dimensions of 200 meters in length and 50 meters in diameter signify its capability to load and unload heavy cargo during hovering flights, a feat unprecedented in history.
Electric Airship Gains EASA and FAA Certification
The airship, certified by the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) and the US Federal Aviation Authority (FAA), operates entirely on electricity, offering zero-emission transport. Its helicopter-like functionality allows it to transport substantial loads, including mobile hospitals, to remote and challenging locations with ease.
Flying Whales Plans Abu Dhabi Assembly Line, Way for Job Opportunities
Moreover, Flying Whales envisions setting up a final assembly line in Abu Dhabi by 2027, creating 300 direct job opportunities initially and potentially expanding to 1,000 jobs by attracting other consortium companies to the UAE for parts production.
View this post on Instagram
Reading Suggestion: Where to Find Your Christmas Tree in Dubai this Festive Season
UAE Welcomes Innovative Whale-Like Airship for Heavy Transport
Designed resembling a whale, this innovative airship symbolizes versatility, capable of transporting diverse heavy loads like wind blades, high voltage towers, industrial components, and hospitals. The airship, not available for sale, serves a critical purpose under Flying Whales Services and is a testament to groundbreaking technological advancements.
Global Expansion Plans and Sustainability Milestones
The company’s ambitions to establish four final assembly lines globally, along with its vision to serve 30 markets from the UAE, mark a strategic shift in the transportation landscape. The development of these airships, set to revolutionize cargo transportation, is hailed as a significant milestone in sustainable, cost-effective, and ground-breaking air transport innovation.