- Pakistani start-up Zyp Technologies to introduce electric bikes in the UAE market.
- Secured $1.2 million in seed capital investment led by Indus Valley Capital.
- Anticipated launch of Zum 2000 model this month or next.
- Gender-neutral utility bike targeting delivery riders for cost-effective deliveries.
- Delay in launch due to license plate paperwork; production line capacity for 8,000 motorcycles annually.
- Three e-bike models to launch with prices ranging from $750 to $800.
- Impressive features include a 70km average range, 85km in Mode 1, 40km/h speed limit, 1.8KWh battery, and 240kg load capacity.
- Advanced technology includes mobile app, GPS tracking, anti-theft alarm, and seating for three.
- Emphasis on innovative design and government policies for clean energy adoption.
- Zyp Technologies poised to transform urban mobility in the UAE with sustainable transportation solutions.
Pakistani start-up Zyp Technologies is gearing up to introduce its electric bikes into the UAE market after securing a successful seed capital investment of $1.2 million, led by Indus Valley Capital.
Hassan Khan, the co-founder and chief executive of Zyp Technologies, announced that the company’s eagerly anticipated Zum 2000 model is slated for launch either this month or the next.
The Zum 2000, a utility motorcycle, has been meticulously designed to be gender-neutral and is primarily targeted at delivery riders. It promises day-long deliveries at a significantly reduced cost compared to other options.
However, the launch faced a minor delay due to paperwork related to the bike’s license plate. Nevertheless, the company has now set up an assembly line with the capacity to produce up to 8,000 motorcycles annually. Their ambitious plan is to roll out the bike not only in the UAE but also in other Gulf countries by the year 2025.
View this post on Instagram
Khan disclosed that three different models of the e-bike will be introduced, with retail prices ranging from approximately $750 to $800 (Dh2,750 to Dh2,935; Rs225,000 to Rs240,000) upon launch.
The Zum 2000 boasts an average range of 70 kilometers and can extend up to 85 kilometers in Mode 1. It is equipped with a speed limit of 40 kilometers per hour, a robust battery capacity of 1.8KWh, and a remarkable load capacity of up to 240 kilograms.
Notably, it features front and rear brake disks, a smart mobile app, GPS tracking, an anti-theft alarm system, 17-inch wheels, and an impressive seating capacity for three individuals.
Innovation and Policy
Hassan Khan expressed the company’s commitment to creating aesthetically pleasing vehicles and emphasized the need for innovation in the industry, stating,
“Zyp is building beautiful vehicles; as we know, everyone is tired of the same 40-plus-year-old motorcycle designs and copycat approaches to EVs. Pakistan deserves better.”
He further highlighted the pivotal role of government policies, stating,
“Pakistan Govt’s EV Policy was the triggering point which brought all founders together. Successive governments must hold and evolve the policy to reduce Pakistan’s dependence on oil and to help ensure our cities have clean air once again.”
Zyp Technologies’ entry into the UAE market with its electric bikes represents a significant step forward in sustainable and efficient urban mobility solutions.
Stay tuned for the official launch and the positive impact it may have on the transportation landscape in the region.