- Dubai introduces a Dh1 million international Taqdeer award to recognize companies excelling in workers’ rights, expanding the renowned Taqdeer Award to a global platform.
- Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum highlights Dubai’s commitment to promoting a productive and equitable work environment, valuing both employers and employees.
- The sixth cycle of the Taqdeer Award introduces a seven-star category, focusing on excellence in labor relations to fortify Dubai’s position as a hub for progressive employers.
- The new category emphasizes best employment practices, facilities, health and safety, labor security, recruitment, justice, communication, and innovation.
- The initiative earns praise from the diplomatic and private sectors, foreseeing a positive impact on companies, workers, and the overall work environment.
- Strategic Partnership: Taqdeer Award forms a strategic partnership with Onpassive, aiming to enhance the award’s influence and contribute to elevating labor market standards in Dubai and the UAE.
Dh1 Million International Taqdeer Award
The new international Taqdeer Award offers a Dh1 million prize to recognize companies championing workers’ rights on a global scale. This award will be granted to a company achieving the highest rating in the classification of companies with the best policies for advancing workers’ rights.
Launch of the Sixth Cycle of the Taqdeer Award
The announcement of this prestigious award was made during the launch of the sixth cycle of the Taqdeer Award, a significant event for recognizing and rewarding excellence in labor relations.
Sheikh Hamdan’s Vision
In a statement, Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Chairman of The Executive Council of Dubai, and Patron of the Taqdeer Award for Workers and Distinguished Companies, emphasized that this award mirrors Dubai’s vision to enhance workers’ rights and productivity on a global scale.
“This award is a testament to Dubai’s commitment to establishing a productive, harmonious, and equitable work environment for both employers and employees, ensuring their rights and interests are preserved. Enhancing the Taqdeer award to include a global scope is an initiative aimed at promoting the principles of a sustainable and positive labor market on an international scale.”
The sixth cycle of the Taqdeer Award has introduced a 7-star category, which aims to recognize and reward excellence in labor relations and further strengthen Dubai’s position as home to the most progressive employers in the region.
Criteria for Recognition
The criteria for this category include best employment practices, facilities and infrastructure, health and safety, labor security, recruitment and wages, justice and transparency, communication and feedback, creativity, and innovation.
Labor Market Standards
By expanding the award’s reach to encompass workforces from around the world, Dubai is making strides towards becoming a hub of labor welfare excellence. Major General Obaid Muhair bin Suroor, Deputy Director-General of the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) Dubai and Chairman of the Taqdeer Award, highlighted the importance of taking this award to a global platform, aiming to spur competitiveness and promote enduring relationships between companies and workers.
Positive Industry Response
The Taqdeer Award’s latest cycle has received praise from both the diplomatic and private sectors, reinforcing the belief that this initiative will encourage companies to provide better care and services for their workers, benefiting not only the workforce but also the overall working environment.
Furthermore, a collaborative agreement was signed between Taqdeer Award and Onpassive, marking a new strategic partnership. This partnership aims to further enhance the award’s impact and reach, reflecting the UAE and Dubai’s commitment to promoting comprehensive quality and raising labor market standards to a level befitting Dubai’s esteemed global ranking across various fields.