- Emirates Airlines initiates a global recruitment drive to hire experienced Airbus staff in anticipation of adding new planes to its fleet within the next two years.
- Skilled captains with a minimum of 3,000 hours of recent command experience on Airbus wide-body aircraft are invited to join Emirates’ Direct Entry Captains program for the A380 fleet.
- Emirates offers an Accelerated Command Program for captains with a minimum of 1,500 hours of Airbus experience and a First Officer program for candidates with multi-engine, multi-crew aircraft experience.
- The recruitment drive addresses the aviation industry’s ongoing challenge of skilled staff shortages, offering substantial employment opportunities.
- Emirates gears up for the addition of A350s in mid-2024 and 777-9s in 2025, focusing on hiring a strong team to accommodate the new aircraft.
- Interested candidates and their families can participate in an online information session scheduled for October 4 at 1 pm Dubai time, providing valuable insights into the available opportunities.
Emirates Global Recruitment Drive
Emirates Airlines is embarking on an expansive Global Recruitment Drive to onboard experienced Airbus staff in preparation for the upcoming addition of new planes to its fleet in the next two years. The airline is actively seeking applications from seasoned commanders to join its Direct Entry Captains program specifically designed for the Airbus A380 fleet.
The program targets skilled captains with a minimum of 3,000 hours of recent command experience on Airbus wide-body aircraft. Furthermore, an Accelerated Command Program is also being offered for captains with a minimum of 1,500 hours of Airbus experience, along with a First Officer program for candidates with multi-engine, multi-crew aircraft experience.
Addressing Staff Shortages
This initiative is part of a series of recruitment drives launched by airlines in the UAE to meet the demands of a burgeoning travel industry, rebounding after the challenges posed by the Covid-19 pandemic. Emirates Aviation University’s Vice Chancellor predicted a hiring spree last year due to a significant demand for skilled staff within the aviation industry.
Package and Benefits
The recruited pilots will join a robust flight crew community comprising approximately 4,200 individuals, with 1,515 A380 pilots flying 260 aircraft. Emirates, known for its inclusive and rewarding work environment, offers pilots a range of benefits including accommodation, education allowance, comprehensive healthcare, and attractive leave policies.
In preparation for the introduction of new aircraft to the fleet, such as the A350s and 777-9s, Emirates has designed comprehensive programs to hire a robust team of pilots.
Direct Entry Captains
Candidates aiming to become A380 Captains are required to have a minimum of 7,000 hours of total flying time, specifically operating a multi-crew, multi-engine aircraft. They must possess a minimum of 3,000 hours of recent command experience on wide-body aircraft, such as A330, A340, A350, and A380, among other eligibility criteria.
Accelerated Command Programme
Pilots opting for the accelerated command program need a minimum of 6,000 hours on multi-crew, multi-engine aircraft, with at least 3,000 hours of command time on a plane weighing 50 tonnes or more. After meeting specific flight hour requirements and passing recurrent checks, they become eligible for an accelerated command upgrade.
Eligible candidates for the First Officer program must have multi-engine, multi-crew aircraft experience, a valid ICAO Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL), and a minimum of 2,000 hours on 20-tonne maximum take-off weight aircraft.
Reading Suggestion: Emirates Launches New Regional Charter Service for UAE and GCC Travelers
Reading Suggestion: Mahzooz Draw: The UAE’s Exciting New Lottery
How to Register/Apply?
Pilots interested in these opportunities and their families are invited to join an online information session scheduled for October 4 at 1 pm Dubai time, attend open days in select destinations, or register on the airline’s website for further details.
For more information and to explore these career opportunities, visit the Emirates Careers portal.