- Dubai Police to begin road closures for New Year’s Eve 2024 celebrations, including Sheikh Zayed Road, from 4 pm on December 31.
- Abdul Rehman Obaid Juma Al Falasi advises early travel and use of public transport for those heading to popular areas like Downtown.
- Timings for road closures include Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard at 4 pm, Financial Road’s upper level at 8 pm, and Al Asayel Road at 4 pm.
- Sheikh Zayed Road, a vital Dubai highway, will close entirely to traffic at 9 pm.
- Preparations involve deploying 1,300 vehicles, over 10,000 police officers, and volunteers across 32 celebration venues.
- Event committee has been planning for three months, collaborating with various partners to ensure safety and support during festivities.
- Al Falasi encourages early arrival and public transport use, with RTA deploying buses for event transportation.
- Dubai Police’s social media platforms will provide continuous updates and advisories for attendees.
Road Closures for New Year’s Eve 2024 Celebrations
Dubai is set to road closures for New Year’s Eve 2024 celebrations, including the prominent Sheikh Zayed Road, with more than 10,000 police officers and volunteers positioned across the emirate. According to Abdul Rehman Obaid Juma Al Falasi from Dubai Police’s traffic department, road closures will commence from 4 pm on December 31. Al Falasi advised early travel and the use of public transport for those heading to popular locations like the Downtown area.
Key road closure timings, as provided by Al Falasi:
- Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard: Closure begins at 4 pm.
- Upper level of Financial Road: Closes at 8 pm, while the lower level closes at 4 pm.
- Al Asayel Road: Closure starts at 4 pm, diverting traffic to Sheikh Zayed Road.
New Year 2024 Designated Location for Celebrations
Additionally, the Sheikh Zayed Road, a vital highway in Dubai, will be closed to all traffic at 9 pm. The city is gearing up for New Year’s Eve, with 32 locations designated for celebrations, including iconic spots like Hatta, Burj Khalifa, and Festival City.
Dubai’s New Year Prep: 10,000+ Officers Ready!
The Event Preparation Committee has coordinated for three months, collaborating with multiple partners such as the Roads and Transport Authority, Civil Defence, and Dubai Corporation for Ambulance. This extensive plan involves deploying nearly 1,300 vehicles and over 10,000 police officers and volunteers to ensure safety and support during the festivities.
Reading Suggestion: Al Hoot Floating Restaurant’s Culinary Extravaganza in Dubai Creek!
Plan Ahead: Dubai’s New Year Updates!
Al Falasi encourages early arrival and the use of public transport, with the RTA deploying buses to facilitate movement around the events.
Continuous updates and advisories will be available on Dubai Police’s social media platforms.