- Need more time to find the perfect job in Dubai? Learn how to extend your Dubai jobseeker visa.
- Dubai’s jobseeker visa allows you to explore employment opportunities without a local sponsor.
- Follow a straightforward online application process provided by the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs – Dubai (GDRFAD).
- We outline the necessary documents, costs, and steps to ensure a seamless visa extension.
- Make the most of your job hunt in this dynamic city by extending your stay legally.
you can now apply to extend your Dubai Jobseeker visa online, If you’re currently in Dubai on a jobseeker visa and need more time to find the perfect job opportunity. The job seeker visa allows individuals to explore employment options in the UAE without requiring a local host or sponsor. This guide outlines the application process, associated costs, and necessary documents for extending your jobseeker visa.
To Extend Your Dubai Jobseeker Visa
The General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs – Dubai (GDRFAD) issues the jobseeker visa in Dubai, offering validity options of 60, 90, or 120 days. If you initially applied for a 60-day visit visa to explore job opportunities, the extension will be granted for the same period.
Dubai offers jobseeker visa for 60, 90, or 120 days.
Reading Suggestion: UAE Issues Guidelines for 5-Year Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa
Looking forward to how can i extend my Dubai visa online. Here are the steps to apply for a job seeker visa extension online:
- Visit the GDRFAD website at smart.gdrfad.gov.ae
- Click on ‘Individuals’ and then select ‘Register now’ to create an account if you’re a visitor. Provide your required details
- Email address
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Create a password
- Enter the one-time password (OTP) sent to your registered email to verify your account.
- Access your personal dashboard and click on ‘New Application.‘
- Search for the service ‘Extending Visit Visa to Explore Job Opportunities‘ and click ‘Apply now.‘
- Complete the visa extension application form.
- Attach the required documents.
- Pay the extension fee online using your debit or credit card.
Upon submission, you will receive a reference number to track your visa status online. The extended entry permit will be sent to your registered email address.
Ensure you have the following documents ready for your application:
- Valid passport copy
- Previous visit visa copy
The fees associated with extending your jobseeker visa include:
- Visa extension fee: Dh600
- 5% Value Added Tax (VAT)
Additional fees apply if you are already in the country:
- Fee inside the country: Dh500
- Knowledge fee: Dh10
- Innovation fee: Dh10
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Dubai Jobseeker Visa?
A Dubai Jobseeker Visa is a temporary visa that allows individuals to search for employment opportunities in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It grants the holder a specific period of time to explore job prospects and attend interviews with potential employers.
How long is the validity period of a Dubai Jobseeker Visa?
The validity period of a Dubai Jobseeker Visa is typically for up to 6 months. During this time, individuals can actively search for employment while complying with the visa regulations and guidelines provided by the Dubai authorities.
What are the eligibility criteria for obtaining a Dubai Jobseeker Visa?
To be eligible for a Dubai Jobseeker Visa, applicants must meet certain criteria, including holding a passport with a minimum validity of 6 months, providing proof of financial stability, possessing relevant educational qualifications, and having comprehensive health insurance coverage. It is advisable to consult the official Dubai visa websites or authorized visa agencies for specific and up-to-date eligibility requirements.
Can a Dubai Jobseeker Visa be converted into an employment visa?
No, a Dubai Jobseeker Visa cannot be directly converted into an employment visa. Once an individual secures a job offer from a Dubai-based employer, they are required to exit the country and initiate the necessary procedures for obtaining an employment visa. The employer will typically be responsible for sponsoring the candidate and assisting with the visa conversion process.