- Over 27,000 attendees join the student-led “Stand with Palestine” initiative, setting a new charitable benchmark.
- QR 20M raised at the event to aid support for Palestinians, with donations aimed at relief efforts.
- Notable dignitaries and HE Sheikha Hind bint Hamad al-Thani grace the initiative, emphasizing the cause’s significance.
- Football match proceeds and an online donation link coordinated with Qatar Charity further contribute to the noble cause.
- A wide array of activities, including musical performances and halftime prize draws, engage and captivate the audience.
- Testimonials from attendees Wafa Hosni Jaber and Mustafa Khatib highlight the event’s profound impact and solidarity message.
Stand with Palestine
Success of ‘Stand with Palestine’ Initiative Over QR 20M Raised.
A Record-Breaking Turnout
More than 27,000 attendees graced the student-led “Stand with Palestine” initiative at Education City Stadium, marking it as one of the largest charitable events. An impressive QR 20M was raised, showcasing immense support for the Palestinian cause.
Reading Suggestion: Meta Unveils ‘Imagine with Meta’ A New AI-Powered Image Generator
The event witnessed the presence of HE Sheikha Hind bint Hamad al-Thani, Vice Chairperson and CEO of Qatar Foundation (QF), along with various dignitaries, excellencies, and ministers.
A Student-Driven Fundraiser
Initiated by students from Qatar Academy Doha (QAD), a part of QF’s Pre-University Education, the objective was to engage the local community and extend solidarity towards the Palestinian people.
Football for a Cause
Proceeds from ticket sales for the football match will aid relief efforts in Palestine. To augment contributions, an exclusive online donation link in collaboration with Qatar Charity was made available for additional contributions.
The football match highlighted participation from QAD and Palestinian school students, local and international players, media personalities, and influencers like Rodrigo Tabata, Yaqub Bushahri, Mohamed Saadoun al-Kuwari, Ali al-Habsi, and Yassin Ibrahimi.
Over 100 students from Qatar Academy Doha, supervised by school teachers, volunteered for the event. The Asian Football Confederation provided them with specialized training similar to that received by World Cup volunteers.
An Array of Activities
The initiative was replete with various activities, starting with a musical performance aligned with the Palestinian theme, showcasing heartfelt songs “Palestine is Arab” and “My Homeland.” Additionally, the event featured a drone display and conducted prize draws during the match’s halftime.
Strong Messages of Solidarity
Attendee Wafa Hosni Jaber, a Palestinian residing in Qatar for over 20 years, praised Qatar’s unwavering support for Palestine. She emphasized the significance of solidarity and the enduring commitment to the Palestinian cause.
A Token of Support
Another attendee, Mustafa Khatib, highlighted the necessity of supporting Palestine in such challenging times. He expressed gratitude for the initiative’s organizers, especially the youth, echoing the deep-rooted support from the Qatari community.