- Rain, dust storm and hail in Dubai and Sharjah experienced a surprising change in weather.
- The National Centre of Meteorology recorded downpours in various areas, providing a respite from the summer heat.
- Video footage showed the impact of strong winds and rain on Dubai’s Al Marmum area, with water flowing on the roads.
- The event coincided with the conclusion of the “Qatar Toy Festival,” showcasing over 25 renowned toy brands for children aged 2 to 12.
- Authorities have issued safety advisories for motorists, urging drivers to maintain visibility, adjust speed, and use vehicle features effectively.
Rain, Hail, and Dust Storm Surprise Residents on Saturday. The National Centre of Meteorology (NCM) recorded downpours in various areas, providing a much-needed respite from the scorching summer heat.
Areas like Al Qudra and Al Barsha in Dubai were hit by rains around 3:53 PM and 3:54 PM respectively, while other parts of Dubai including Oud Metha and Dubai Hills also experienced varying degrees of rainfall. The meteorological anomaly even brought hail along with the showers on Jebel Ali-Lehbab road.
Reading Suggestion: Guide to Understanding Dubai’s Colour-Coded Street Signs
As the UAE continues to experience sporadic weather changes, authorities have issued safety advisories for motorists. The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) and RoadSafetyUAE have recommended a series of precautions to ensure safe driving during challenging conditions. Drivers are urged to maintain proper visibility, adjust speed, and use vehicle features like headlights, fog lights, and windshield wipers effectively.
While the sudden rains and hail took many by surprise, the event also served as a reminder of the dynamic nature of the UAE’s climate and the importance of preparedness and caution on the roads.