- US embassy in Doha invites Qatar-based filmmakers to apply for the Global Media Makers Los Angeles Residency program in 2024.
- 10 mid-career filmmakers with Qatari citizenship or residency will be selected for the program.
- The residency offers a six-week cultural exchange and professional development opportunity in Los Angeles.
- Selected filmmakers can focus on screenwriting, directing, creative producing, or documentary filmmaking during the program.
- Master classes and exposure to the latest filmmaking technology are part of the residency experience.
- All expenses, including transportation and accommodation, will be covered for the selected filmmakers.
- Filmmakers with Qatari citizenship or residency are encouraged to apply by August 1.
Doha, Qatar – The US embassy in Doha has extended an invitation to Qatar-based filmmakers to apply for the prestigious Global Media Makers Los Angeles Residency (GMM). The program, slated for the summer of 2024, aims to provide an enriching cultural exchange and professional development opportunity for 10 talented mid-career filmmakers.
Filmmakers with Qatari citizenship or residency, who have already contributed to at least one produced film project as a writer, producer, or director, are encouraged to visit the official website at https://qa.usembassy.gov/gmm-2024/ to learn more and apply.
Global Media Makers is a highly regarded six-week residency program that facilitates collaborations between international filmmakers and esteemed professionals from the US entertainment industry. This platform allows selected filmmakers to further develop their skills and projects in various areas such as screenwriting, directing, creative producing, and documentary filmmaking.
During their residency, participants will have the opportunity to attend master classes and explore the latest advancements in filmmaking technology. The program aims to foster creative growth, networking, and cultural exchange among the global filmmaking community.
Global Media Makers, in collaboration with Film Independent and the US Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, covers all expenses for the selected filmmakers. This includes transportation to Los Angeles, as well as accommodation throughout the residency period.
Filmmakers with Qatari citizenship or residency are invited to express their interest by submitting their applications no later than August 1. This unique opportunity promises to unlock new avenues of creativity and provide valuable exposure to the vibrant film industry in Los Angeles.
For further details and application guidelines, visit https://qa.usembassy.gov/gmm-2024/ and seize the chance to be part of this extraordinary residency program.
Application Deadline: August 1, 2024