- UAE National Day’s official ceremony slated for December 2 at Expo City, Dubai, commemorating the Emirates’ unification in 1971.
- Expo City, hosting COP28 from November 30 to December 12, to showcase the UAE’s sustainability narrative during the event.
- Public attendance from December 5 to 12, ticket details to be revealed soon.
- Ceremony to feature innovative technologies, projections, and symbolic elements of Sadu weaving, an Emirati cultural heritage.
- Emphasizing unity and sustainability, the event will illustrate the fusion of tradition with technology, reflecting a commitment to a shared world.
- Live broadcast on December 2 across local TV channels and the official website, portraying the UAE’s vision for a sustainable future.
- Previous celebrations included mesmerizing 3D projections, light displays, and innovative showcases, highlighting the UAE’s grandeur and innovation.
- This year’s celebration at Expo City promises a unique blend of tradition, innovation, and sustainability in a memorable display.
When Did UAE get Independence?
Organizers have unveiled the official ceremony details for the UAE National Day, to be held at Expo City, Dubai, on December 2. This momentous occasion commemorates the unification of the Emirates in 1971 and is fondly observed every year on December 2 as the UAE Union Day.
How will Expo City, hosting both the COP28 & the UAE National Day ceremony?
Expo City, concurrently hosting the COP28 climate change conference from November 30 to December 12, will encapsulate the country’s sustainability narrative during the ceremony. Embracing 2023 as the Year of Sustainability, the December 2 event will echo this theme.
What are the dates for the public ceremony?
Emiratis and expatriates will have the opportunity to attend the public ceremony from December 5 to 12, with further details regarding tickets set to be announced soon.
Unveiling Tradition and Innovation
The official ceremony promises a display of cutting-edge technologies and awe-inspiring projections, intricately weaving the UAE’s rich heritage with the threads of unity and sustainability. Elements of Sadu weaving, a traditional Emirati craft listed on UNESCO’s intangible cultural heritage, will be featured prominently.
“The show will delve into Emirati culture, the legacy of ancestors, and the fusion of tradition with technology, underscoring our commitment to preserving our shared world,” highlighted organizers.
Official Ceremony Live Broadcast
Expect performances and storytelling emphasizing the UAE’s vision for a sustainable future, spotlighting climate adaptation, innovation, and collaborative action. The spectacle will be broadcast live on December 2 across local TV channels and the official website.
UAE National Day: Past Spectacles
Renowned for its extravagant celebrations, the UAE National Day in previous years showcased dazzling 3D projections and drone fireworks in Dubai’s Hatta and featured a memorable Etihad Rail passenger train during the previous year’s festivities. This year’s celebration at Expo City promises to be an unparalleled amalgamation of tradition, innovation, and sustainability.