- Rushana Rafeek and Mohamed Mudhassir, Sri Lankan expats, share their emotional story of survival on Parents’ Day.
- Their first child, Ghazia, was born extremely premature, weighing only 480g, at Latifa Hospital in Dubai.
- Against all odds, the medical team led by Dr. Javed Habibullah, consultant neonatologist, provided excellent care and treatment.
- Ghazia’s fighting spirit and the unwavering support of her parents and medical staff led to her remarkable survival.
- After 121 days in the NICU, Ghazia is now a healthy, normal baby weighing 2.3kg.
On the occasion of Parents’ Day, a heartwarming tale of hope and resilience emerged from the UAE. Rushana Rafeek, 26, and Mohamed Mudhassir, 33, Sri Lankan expats, expressed their gratitude to Latifa Hospital in Dubai for saving the life of their first child, Ghazia. Born extremely premature, Ghazia weighed a mere 480g, lighter than a large mango, making her survival uncertain.
Rushana vividly recalled the emotional rollercoaster that began on February 23 when she was rushed to the hospital. Doctors warned that her baby might not survive even if she delivers, but Rushana held on to hope and pleaded with them to do whatever they could to save her baby. Against all odds, Ghazia was born at just 23 weeks of gestation on February 25, and her fight for life began.
The medical team, led by Dr. Javed Habibullah
provided round-the-clock care and treatment as Ghazia’s tiny body battled for survival. The young couple, along with their family, never gave up, praying for their little warrior’s recovery.
Months passed, and Ghazia’s fighting spirit refused to wane. She slowly grew stronger, and after an arduous 121 days in the hospital, she was finally discharged. The miraculous survival of Ghazia, now a healthy, normal baby weighing 2.3kg, has earned her the title of a “fighter” and a “miracle.”
On Parents’ Day, Rushana and Mudhassir expressed their deepest gratitude to Latifa Hospital and its staff for their exceptional care and support. They credited the dedication of the medical team and the advanced NICU facilities for their baby’s survival. The couple also urged parents facing similar challenges to trust in such facilities.
Ghazia’s journey of hope and resilience serves as an inspiration to all, highlighting the power of medical expertise and unwavering family support in the face of adversity.