- UAE crowned as the world’s fastest mobile internet provider, according to Ookla’s Speedtest Global Index.
- Achieved a download speed of 204.24 Mbps and an upload speed of 22.72 Mbps in June 2023.
- UAE led five out of six months in 2023 for mobile internet speed, securing top positions in January, February, March, May, and June.
- Ranked second globally for fixed broadband speed in June, with an impressive download speed of 239.2 Mbps.
- Singapore topped the global charts with an average speed of 247.29 Mbps.
- Etisalat, a leading UAE telecom player, recorded the fastest median download speeds for both mobile and fixed broadband at 216.65 Mbps and 261.98 Mbps, respectively.
- Etisalat dominated 5G download speed with a staggering median speed of 680.88 Mbps and achieved the lowest median mobile multi-server latency at just 35ms.
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has secured the title of the world’s fastest mobile internet speed, according to a recent report by Ookla’s Speedtest Global Index. The UAE’s remarkable performance in the first half of 2023 positioned it as the global leader in mobile internet speed.
Reading Suggestion: Mahzooz App
During June, the country reached a download speed of 204.24 Mbps and an impressive upload speed of 22.72 Mbps, claiming the top spot for five out of six months in the year so far. In April, the UAE held the second position.
Furthermore, the UAE has shown its prowess in fixed broadband speed, ranking second globally for June. On a regional scale and among other Arab nations, the UAE secured the first position with an impressive download speed of 239.2 Mbps.
Singapore stood out globally with an average speed of 247.29 Mbps, outshining other countries.
In Ookla’s quarterly reports, Etisalat, a prominent telecom player in the UAE, earned accolades for the fastest median download speeds in both mobile and fixed broadband categories, clocking in at 216.65 Mbps and 261.98 Mbps, respectively.
Notably, Etisalat also dominated in 5G download speed, registering a staggering median speed of 680.88 Mbps, and achieved the lowest median mobile multi-server latency at just 35ms.
The UAE’s consistent high performance in mobile internet speed and fixed broadband showcases its commitment to technological excellence and connectivity advancements in the region.