- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles : Mutant Mayhem Paramount orders a sequel and two seasons of a 2-D animated series
- The series, titled “Tales of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles,” will stream on Paramount+ and serve as a bridge between the films.
- Teenage cast reprising their roles in the animated series.
- Reboot promises unique animation style and nostalgic appeal.
- Film set to hit theaters on August 2.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles : Mutant Mayhem
Paramount is going all-in on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise with the upcoming release of “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem.” Showing supreme confidence in the reboot, the studio has already ordered a sequel to the film and two seasons of an animated series titled “Tales of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.” The series, set to stream on Paramount+, will serve as a bridge between the films and feature the same teenage cast reprising their roles.
While there’s no plot information available for the sequel, “Mutant Mayhem” follows the Turtles as they come out of the shadows and try to win over New Yorkers with their pizza-centric personalities and ninja skills.
This reboot marks the latest iteration of the TMNT franchise, with previous attempts in 2014 and 2016. Paramount hopes to capture the nostalgic moviegoing audience with the unique animation style, promising some of the charm seen in “Spider-Verse.” Fans can catch “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem” in theaters on August 2.