- Dubai drivers face steep fines up to Dh3,000 and 23 black points for unclear or missing licence plates.
- Dubai Police offers a service to obtain a lost certificate for stolen or damaged licence plates.
- Required documents include an Arabic letter detailing the lost plate and personal ID information.
- Steps involve filling an application form, paying service fees (Dh50 + Dh20), and submitting the request.
- Applicants receive a transaction number for tracking and receive the certificate via email, valid for 30 days.
- This service extends beyond licence plates to include vital documents like passports and Emirates ID.
- Ensure compliance and prevent fines by promptly addressing lost or damaged licence plates through Dubai Police services.
Lost Vehicle License Plates and Fines
In Dubai, maintaining clear and readable licence plates is imperative for drivers. Driving without a plate or with a damaged one can result in hefty fines of up to Dh3,000, along with a staggering 23 black points on your licence.
How to Tackle?
If your licence plate has been stolen or is no longer legible due to damage, Dubai Police offers a vital service to address this issue. Residents can apply for a lost certificate, not only for missing licence plates but also for other crucial documents like passports, Emirates ID, and vehicle licences.
Documents and Information Required
1- For lost licence plates:
A letter in Arabic from your company or institution detailing the lost plate.
2- Personal details:
Emirates ID or passport information including gender, date of birth, nationality, and email address.
Reading Suggestion: Self Driving Taxis Set to Debut on Dubai Roads in the Coming Month
Steps to Obtain a Lost Certificate
- Fill the application form available on the Dubai Police app. Provide personal details and specify the lost item’s category, along with the date, time, and location of the loss.
- Pay the service fees: Dh50 for the service and Dh20 as a knowledge and innovation fee. If applying in person through service centers, an additional Dh100 fee applies. Payment can be made in cash at these centers or digitally via card.
- Upon payment, submit your request. You’ll receive a transaction number through SMS and email for tracking and follow-up.
- Once processed, your lost certificate and receipt will be sent via email. The certificate is valid for 30 days from the date of issuance.
Reading Suggestion: Dining & Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
For more detailed steps and information, visit the Dubai Police app or their service centers. Keep your licence plates clear and avoid fines by taking advantage of this essential service offered by Dubai Police.