- WhatsApp Channels are now available in the UAE and the wider region.
- Users can receive private updates from celebrities, sports teams, artists, and more within WhatsApp.
- WhatsApp Channels offer a one-way broadcast tool for administrators.
- Privacy is assured, with user phone numbers kept confidential.
- Channel updates are stored for up to 30 days with screenshot and forward controls.
- The directory is enhanced for easy discovery of channels.
- Users can react to messages with emojis without revealing their reactions.
- Forwarded updates include a link back to the channel.
- WhatsApp Channels will expand globally, allowing anyone with a WhatsApp account to create their channel.
- Prominent partners like Olivia Rodrigo, Netflix, and the Indian Cricket Team have joined WhatsApp Channels.
- Celebrities like Katrina Kaif embrace the platform for personalized connections with their audience.
WhatsApp Channels, the latest feature introduced by WhatsApp, is now available in the UAE and the wider region. This feature allows users to receive private updates from their favorite celebrities, sports teams, artists, creators, and thought leaders, all within the WhatsApp platform.
One-Way Broadcast Tool
WhatsApp Channels provides a one-way broadcast tool for administrators to send text, photos, videos, stickers, and polls to their followers. Users can find these channels in a new tab called “Updates on WhatsApp,” keeping their personal chats separate from these updates.
Here are some key features of WhatsApp Channels:
Channels are separate from regular chats, and followers’ identities are not visible to each other. User phone numbers are not revealed to channel administrators or other followers.
Channel updates are stored on WhatsApp’s servers for up to 30 days. Administrators can also choose to block screenshots and forwards from their channel.
Users can easily discover and follow channels based on their country and popularity. Channels are categorized as new, most active, or popular, making it simple for users to find interesting content.
Users can react to channel messages using emojis, providing feedback without revealing their personal reactions to other followers.
When users forward an update to their chats or groups, it includes a link back to the channel for more information.
WhatsApp Channels will continue to evolve and expand based on user feedback, with Meta planning to add more features in the future. The feature will be rolled out globally in the coming weeks and months, allowing anyone with a WhatsApp account to create their own channel.
Notable Partners Join
Several notable partners, including Olivia Rodrigo, Netflix, David Guetta, Billboard, MLB, and more, have joined WhatsApp Channels. Even the Indian Cricket Team has launched its WhatsApp Channel, using it to provide fans with important and accurate information about matches, schedules, and more.
Celebrities Embrace the Feature
Celebrities like Katrina Kaif are also excited about this new feature, as it offers a personalized newsletter-style platform to connect with their audience and share insights and updates.
WhatsApp Channels aims to provide users with a unique and convenient way to stay connected with their favorite content creators and organizations while maintaining their privacy.