- Free Science Winter Camp for Children will be held from December 11 to December 22, weekdays from 9 am to 1 pm.
- Children aged five to nine and ten to thirteen.
- Various Dubai Public Libraries hosting the camp.
- Al Safa Art and Design Library
- Al Twar Public Library
- Al Rashidiya Library
- Al Mankhool Library
- Hatta Public Library
- Special sessions at Umm Suqeim Library and Hor Al Anz Library for People of Determination.
- Free participation; registration mandatory via Dubai Culture website.
- Diverse hands-on activities include building a volcano, creating mini forests (‘Moss Wall’), designing spaceships (‘Astro Station’), learning sustainable practices (‘Sustainable Wonders’), exploring plant crafts, crafting artificial aquariums, creating bird nests (‘Avian Adventures’), and a final showcase day.
- Educational and engaging exploration of science, space, and the environment, encouraging creativity and understanding of scientific concepts among children.
When is the Free Science Winter Camp for Children scheduled?
Free Science Winter Camp for Children – As the winter holidays approach, parents in Dubai seeking engaging activities for their children can now sign them up for a captivating and educational experience at the free Science Winter Camp, hosted by Dubai Public Libraries. From December 11 to December 22 on weekdays, the camp promises a spectrum of interactive activities and workshops centered around science, space exploration, and environmental awareness.
Read Also: dubai taxi ipo
What are the designated age groups and Timing for the camp?
Designed for children between the ages of 5 to 9 years old and 10 to 13 years old, the camp will run from 9 am to 1 pm at various Dubai Public Libraries.
View this post on Instagram
Which specific libraries will host the camp?
Free Science Winter Camp for Children will take place at various Dubai Public Libraries including Al Safa Art and Design Library, Al Twar Public Library, Al Rashidiya Library, Al Mankhool Library, and Hatta Public Library.
Additionally, dedicated sessions tailored for People of Determination will be conducted at Umm Suqeim Library and Hor Al Anz Library.
Although participation in the winter camp is free, parents need to register their children online through the Dubai Culture website.
The registration involves selecting the preferred library, filling out a form with necessary details including the child’s full name, nationality, Emirates ID number, contact information, and selecting the camp attendee’s status (student, employee, or ‘other’). The registration link is available at Dubai Culture website.
Camp Activities For Children:
The Free Science Winter Camp for Children boasts a diverse array of activities to stimulate young minds, including:
1- Building a Volcano:
Creating a 3D model of a volcano using plastic bottles and clay.
2- Creating a Mini Forest – ‘Moss Wall’:
Crafting mini magical forests using fake moss and craft paper.
3- Making a Spaceship – ‘Astro Station’:
Designing futuristic spaceships and imagining space missions.
4- Learning Sustainable Practices – ‘Sustainable Wonders’:
Covering topics on food waste, composting, plant growth, soil science, and more.
5- Plant Crafts and Sustainability Techniques:
Exploring Kokedama and designing plant-themed tote bags with pressed flowers.
6- Building an Artificial Aquarium:
Crafting artificial aquariums and exploring the art of ‘realistic water’ sculptures.
7- Crafting Bird Nests – ‘Avian Adventures’:
Designing bird nests and exploring creativity with clay pots.
8- Showcasing Creations:
On the final day, participants will showcase their creative achievements.
Aim and Focus of the Camp
The Free Science Winter Camp for Children aims to offer a stimulating environment for children to explore, learn, and create while nurturing their curiosity for science and the environment.
Read Also: circle café jumeirah islands photos
Parents are encouraged to secure spots for their children in this exciting educational endeavor, providing a blend of fun and learning during the winter break at Free Science Winter Camp for Children.