- British Council Qatar and Qatar National Convention Centre (QNCC) re-sign partnership agreement.
- QNCC becomes a testing venue for IELTS paper-based exams.
- Collaboration aligns with Qatar’s Vision 2030 to enhance language skills and employment opportunities.
- IELTS recognized by over 11,000 institutions worldwide, including leading universities in and outside of Qatar.
- IELTS stands as the sole English language test accepted by key immigration authorities in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom for visa and migration purposes.
British Council and Qatar National Convention Centre (QNCC) have solidified their partnership by re-signing an agreement, making QNCC an IELTS testing venue for paper-based exams. The signing ceremony was attended by Robert Tripoli, general manager of QNCC, and Dr. Waseem Kotoub, country director of British Council Qatar.
Qatar’s Vision 2030
This collaboration, which began in 2017, will continue to provide support to students from diverse academic backgrounds in their IELTS test journey. By offering this widely recognized English language proficiency assessment, the British Council and QNCC align with Qatar’s Vision 2030, aiming to equip students with essential language skills for future employment opportunities.
Dr. Kotoub emphasized the significance of this partnership in supporting Qatar’s academic landscape and the commitment of the British Council to the country’s goals.
IELTS is recognized by over 11,000 institutions and universities worldwide and is widely accepted by leading universities in and outside of Qatar. Moreover, it is the sole English language test accepted by key immigration authorities in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom for visa applications and migration purposes.
The re-signed agreement between British Council Qatar and QNCC reaffirms their dedication to promoting language proficiency and academic excellence in the region, benefiting students and the workforce alike.