- Barbie Film soundtrack tops UK singles charts with three top five songs simultaneously.
- Billie Eilish’s “What Was I Made For?” reaches number three, while Dua Lipa’s “Dance The Night” and Nicki Minaj and Ice Spice’s “Barbie World” remix secure fourth and fifth positions, respectively.
- The star-studded album accompanies the highly-anticipated Greta Gerwig-directed Barbie movie, featuring Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling.
- The film achieves massive success at UK cinemas, driving the biggest weekend for UK cinema ticket sales in four years for Vue International.
- In the United States and Canada, the Barbie movie makes a record-breaking debut with $162 million in ticket sales.
The Official Charts Company announces that “Barbie: The Album,” the soundtrack accompanying the highly-anticipated Barbie movie directed by Greta Gerwig, has made history on the UK singles charts. It becomes the first film soundtrack to secure three top five songs simultaneously.
American singer Billie Eilish’s soul-searching track, “What Was I Made For?” claims the third spot on the UK singles chart. Following closely is Dua Lipa’s infectious hit, “Dance The Night,” securing the fourth position. Rappers Nicki Minaj and Ice Spice’s captivating remix of Aqua’s “Barbie World” lands at number five.
Reading Suggestion: Pinkydoll Onlyfans
The star-studded Barbie album also features Charli XCX’s electrifying “Speed Drive,” Ryan Gosling’s stirring ballad “I’m Just Ken,” and Lizzo’s lively hit “Pink” in the top 40.
With leading stars Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling, the Barbie movie has taken both box offices and music charts by storm. Vue International reports a record-breaking weekend for UK cinema ticket sales in four years following the Barbie movie release, with over 2,000 screenings sold out.
The film’s success extends beyond the UK, as it makes an impressive debut in the United States and Canada with $162 million in ticket sales.
At the European premiere in London, Margot Robbie expressed her excitement about the film’s unique concept, calling “Barbieland” a female utopia while also exploring its flaws. Meanwhile, Ryan Gosling shared how the Barbie mania entered his home, inspiring him to embrace the role in the film.
The Barbie movie continues to capture hearts worldwide with its captivating soundtrack and compelling storyline.