- Walmart launches “Walmart+ Assist,” a program offering 50% off Walmart+ membership to customers on government assistance.
- The initiative aims to make Walmart+ benefits more accessible to those in need, including free shipping, grocery delivery, gas discounts, and video streaming.
- Eligible new and existing members can sign up for the discounted membership and start enjoying the benefits immediately.
- Walmart previously innovated to support customers using government assistance by participating in the USDA’s SNAP Online Purchase pilot.
- With the addition of Alaska, Walmart now becomes the first retailer to accept SNAP benefits online in all 50 states.
- “Walmart+ Assist” represents a significant step in Walmart’s mission to help people save money and live better by providing affordable access to essential services.
Walmart+ has always been about helping people save money and live better. Since its launch in 2020, the membership program has provided customers with access to a range of benefits and savings, making everyday needs more affordable. Now, Walmart+ is taking its commitment to accessibility and affordability to the next level with the introduction of Walmart+ Assist.
Walmart+ Assist is a new program that offers customers on government assistance a 50% discount on a monthly or annual Walmart+ paid membership plan. The aim of this initiative is to make it easier and more accessible for individuals on government assistance to enjoy the full suite of savings and benefits that Walmart+ has to offer.
Reading Suggestion: Ohio-class US Nuclear Submarine USS Michigan Makes Historic Visit to South Korea
The program is open to both new and existing eligible members. Existing members who qualify for Walmart+ Assist and sign up will receive a prorated refund and immediately benefit from the new discounted price.
With a Walmart+ Assist membership, customers can enjoy free shipping and grocery delivery, nationwide gas discounts, and video streaming with Paramount+ at no extra cost. This initiative is part of Walmart’s ongoing efforts to support customers who use government assistance. In 2019, the retailer became one of the first to participate in the USDA’s SNAP Online Purchase pilot, allowing customers to pay with their SNAP benefits online for added convenience, including pickup and delivery options.
To verify eligibility and sign up for a Walmart+ Assist membership at the reduced price of $6.47/month or $49/year, customers can visit https://www.walmart.com/plus/assist. This program is another significant step forward in Walmart’s commitment to helping those who need it most, ensuring that everyone has access to the benefits that Walmart+ has to offer.
For more information about Walmart+ Assist or to join the program, visit https://www.walmart.com/plus/assist. Walmart remains dedicated to making a positive impact on its customers’ lives by providing valuable services and enhancing their overall shopping experience.