- Samsung announces the launch date for its latest Flip and Fold handsets in the UAE on July 26.
- The earlier launch timing gives Samsung a competitive advantage, allowing them to dominate the market without significant competition from rival brands.
- Pre-booking for the foldable smartphones will start immediately after the launch, leading to a surge in sales from August onwards.
- Foldable smartphones are gaining popularity globally, with a projected 50.5% increase in shipments in 2023 compared to the previous year.
- The UAE and GCC markets emphasize design and portability, making foldable smartphones particularly appealing to consumers.
- While Apple and Samsung currently dominate the UAE smartphone market, Huawei has also made an impact with its Mate X3 foldable series.
- Samsung’s Flip and Fold models stand out with their unique design, reminiscent of iconic phones from the early 2000s.
- Retailers have been offering significant discounts on smartphones, driving strong demand and encouraging consumers to upgrade.
- Emerging brand Nothing aims to attract visibility in the market, targeting a younger demographic with its distinctive design.
- Consumers can expect the latest smartphone innovations from Samsung and the presence of Nothing in the UAE market this summer.
Dubai: The UAE smartphone market is gearing up for an eventful summer as Samsung confirms the launch date for its latest Flip and Fold handsets on July 26. This earlier launch timing allows Samsung to dominate the market and attract sales without significant competition from rival brands.
Pre-booking for the highly anticipated foldable smartphones will begin immediately after the launch, generating a surge in sales starting from August.
Rajat Asthana, Chief Operating Officer at Eros Group, one of the largest retailers in the region, expects Samsung’s market share in the UAE, which currently ranges between 30-40%, to increase further with the release of their flagship models.
Foldable smartphones have been gaining momentum globally, with IDC projecting a 50.5% increase in foldable phone shipments in 2023 compared to 2022. In the UAE and GCC, smartphones’ design and portability, particularly in the case of foldable, have been key factors driving consumer interest and purchase decisions.
While Apple and Samsung continue to dominate the UAE smartphone market, Huawei has also made an impact with its latest foldable series, the Mate X3. However, Samsung’s Flip and Fold models have stood out, capturing attention with their unique design reminiscent of Nokia and Motorola’s iconic phones from the early 2000s.
As the next generation of Galaxy devices prepares for launch, Samsung aims to redefine the mobile experience with carefully designed features and capabilities.
Through the next generation of Galaxy devices slated for a launch later this month, Samsung will push the boundaries with the most carefully designed mobile experiences yet.
Then there’s Nothing
Additionally, emerging brand Nothing is also looking to make its mark in the market, appealing to a younger demographic with its distinctive design.
With strong demand for smartphones and recent price drops across current models, retailers have been offering significant discounts to incentivise consumers to upgrade their handsets.
As the summer unfolds, consumers in the UAE can look forward to experiencing the latest smartphone innovations from Samsung and the emerging presence of Nothing in the market.
Please note that the content of the news article is simulated and for illustrative purposes only.