- Lionel Messi 2022 World Cup jerseys, to be auctioned.
- Estimated value exceeds an astonishing $10 million, potentially making it the most valuable sports memorabilia sale.
- Messi adorned these shirts during pivotal moments, including the final against France.
- This auction could surpass the record set by Michael Jordan’s jersey, sold for $10.1 million in 2022.
- Sotheby’s recognizes the soaring interest in sports memorabilia, marking it as a burgeoning market.
- US tech startup AC Momento is presenting the jerseys, aiding athletes in managing their memorabilia collections.
- A significant portion of proceeds to be donated to the UNICAS Project, supporting children with rare diseases.
- Free public viewing of the jerseys available from November 30 to December 14 during the auction period.
Messi 2022 World Cup Jerseys
Messi 2022 World Cup Jerseys Expected to Fetch Over $10M at Auction. A set of six jerseys worn by Lionel Messi during Argentina’s triumphant 2022 World Cup journey is set to go under the hammer in December, announced Sotheby’s on Monday, estimating their value to exceed a staggering $10 million.
The renowned football star adorned these shirts during pivotal moments of Argentina’s path to victory, including the group-stage matches against Saudi Arabia and Mexico, as well as clashes with Australia, the Netherlands, Croatia, and the final showdown against France.
Reading Suggestion: Dining & Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Argentina’s sensational victory in Qatar last year marked a significant pinnacle in Messi’s illustrious career, following his previous attempts at the World Cup title that fell short.
Sotheby’s anticipates this auction to potentially break records in sports memorabilia sales, potentially becoming the most valuable collection ever auctioned.
The highest-priced individual jersey previously sold at auction was worn by basketball legend Michael Jordan during his NBA finals with the Chicago Bulls in 1998, fetching $10.1 million just last year.
Sports memorabilia has increasingly captured the attention of auction houses, acknowledging its burgeoning market and fervent collector interest.
Who Will Present this Auction?
The collection of jerseys is being presented for auction by US tech startup AC Momento, specializing in aiding athletes with managing their memorabilia collections.
A significant portion of the auction’s proceeds will be allocated to the UNICAS Project, collaborating with a Barcelona children’s hospital to support children grappling with rare diseases.
Reading Suggestion: Dubai To Launch Flying Taxis Fully Operational by 2026
For enthusiasts and admirers alike, the jerseys will be available for public viewing free of charge during the auction period, scheduled from November 30 to December 14.