- Apple issues safety warning to iPhone users about sleeping next to charging devices.
- The advisory emphasizes avoiding direct skin contact with phones or chargers.
- Users are advised not to place devices under blankets, pillows, or the body while charging.
- Charging phones facing upwards in well-ventilated areas is recommended.
- Apple highlights special care for users with conditions affecting heat detection.
- Prolonged skin contact with charging cables is discouraged to prevent discomfort and injury.
- The warning underscores Apple’s commitment to promoting safe device usage practices.
Apple Issues Cautionary Note
Apple Issues Cautionary Note to iPhone users against sleeping next to their devices while they are charging, in a recent safety information manual. The company emphasizes the importance of using common sense to prevent situations where the skin comes into direct contact with the phone or charger.
The advisory specifically recommends refraining from sleeping on a device, power adapter, or wireless charger, and warns against placing them under blankets, pillows, or the body while connected to a power source.
Reading Suggestion: Apple Takes on ChatGPT with Its Own AI Chatbot, “Apple GPT”
Apple Safety Advisory
Apple further advises users to ensure their phones are charged in a well-ventilated area, facing upwards. The document also highlights the significance of taking extra precautions if someone has a physical condition that may affect their ability to sense heat against the body.
Avoid Prolonged Contact
The company also urges users to avoid prolonged skin contact with the charging cable and connector while they are connected to a power source, as this could lead to discomfort or injury. Furthermore, Apple recommends against sleeping or sitting on the charging cable to ensure safety during device charging.
This safety warning comes as part of Apple’s ongoing efforts to promote responsible and safe device usage among its users. As technology continues to play an integral role in our lives, it’s important to heed such guidelines to ensure the well-being of users.