- 25th WETEX and Dubai Solar Show DSS kick off with 2,600 companies from 62 countries, focusing on sustainability and clean energy technologies.
- Themed ‘At the Forefront of Sustainability,’ the event, organized by DEWA, aligns with Dubai’s vision for carbon neutrality by 2050 and the UAE’s upcoming hosting of UN climate conference COP28.
- Sheikh Ahmed bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum inaugurated the exhibition, lauding Dubai’s strides towards carbon neutrality. He highlighted the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Solar Park as a pivotal initiative in this journey.
- Sheikh Ahmed emphasized the alignment of sustainability initiatives with the leadership’s development strategy, harmonizing economic growth and environmental conservation. Dubai aims to accelerate efforts ahead of hosting COP28.
- Local and global participants showcase renewable energy solutions, water desalination, and green technologies, highlighting innovations in sustainability and clean energy.
- Saeed Mohammed Al Tayer, Dewa managing director and CEO, stressed the event’s significance, anticipated annually by investors, decision-makers, and organizations in the energy, water, and sustainability sectors.
WETEX and Dubai Solar Show; Global Participation
The 25th edition of the Water, Energy, Technology and Environment Exhibition WETEX and Dubai Solar Show (DSS) kicked off on Wednesday, boasting the participation of 2,600 companies from 62 countries. Organized by the Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA), the event centers around the theme ‘At the Forefront of Sustainability,’ reflecting the emirate’s commitment to achieving carbon neutrality by 2050.
Inauguration by Dignitaries
Sheikh Ahmed bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Second Deputy Ruler of Dubai, officially inaugurated the exhibition, hailing it as “the region’s largest sustainability and clean energy technology exhibition.” Highlighting Dubai’s progress towards carbon neutrality, he emphasized initiatives like the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Solar Park, the world’s largest single-site solar park.
Visionary Development Strategy
Stated Sheikh Ahmed;
“Our sustainability initiatives align with our leadership’s visionary development strategy to harmonize economic growth and environmental conservation. As the UAE prepares to host the UN climate conference COP28 this month, Dubai continues to accelerate its efforts to enhance sustainability, drive innovation, and foster partnerships for a more eco-conscious future,”
Renewable Energy Focus
WETEX and DSS attract local and global companies involved in renewable and clean energy technologies, including water desalination, green technologies, and renewable energy solutions.
Saeed Mohammed Al Tayer, Dewa managing director and CEO, underscored the event’s significance as a yearly gathering for investors, specialists, decision-makers, and organizations in the energy, water, and sustainability sectors.
The exhibition serves as a pivotal platform for the exchange of ideas and innovations, reflecting Dubai’s commitment to leading the charge towards a sustainable and environmentally conscious future.
The 25th WETEX & Dubai Solar Show continues for three days, aiming to drive discussions, showcase innovations, and foster collaborations in the pursuit of global sustainability goals.